If you’re looking for a real job and wanting to build up your self-esteem and earn your own income – talk to us.
ELIGIBILITY TO WORK WITH US
• You must be over the age of 18
• You must have an NDIS plan with CB employment funding
• You should be aware this is a real workplace, not a program. This means you’ll be employed in a real work environment with expectations including health and safety standards, set hours and other requirements like wearing a uniform and respecting workmates. Don’t worry, we’ll help you through this.
• You’ll be required to undertake a 6-month probation/trial period with us before ongoing employment is offered.
WHY WORK WITH US?
1. This is a REAL job
You will be working for one or more of our businesses delivering services and products for our customers. You will be paid a wage like every other member of our workforce.
We’ll agree on set hours and days of employment so you can plan other activities and supports. Like any other employee you’ll be entitled to workplace benefits like annual and sick leave and public holidays. You’ll also be guided through our workplace policies like anti-bullying and Disability Service Standards.
2. Amazing facilities
Our modern, multi-million dollar facilities are state of the art, bustling and busy environments. Whether you’re employed at one of our cafés, plant nurseries, packing warehouses or catering kitchen, you will love our bright and cheery work environment with all the latest mod cons.
3. Variety of work options
Whether you’re in the Geelong or Colac region we offer an array of supported employment opportunities for you from indoor or outdoor, behind the scenes or face to face with customers. Because we have so many different business enterprises we also offer the potential for you to move across various businesses and find the one that best suits you.
4. Our people are truly wonderful
genU’s supervisors and managers are NOT your average bosses. They stand out for the way they understand and respect individual needs and will support you to achieve your goals. They’re known for their great attitudes, caring nature and for instilling a sense of pride into work.
5. Skills development and training
• As well as on the job training, genU Training offers a range of short and long courses to help you develop skills that you can apply in your personal lives.
• Accredited training options are offered in literacy and numeracy. We also offer non-accredited training in computer skills, confidence building and preparation for work or study.
• We provide job specific training and access to further skill development if required to help bring your Individual Employment Plan to life.
6. We go the extra mile for you
• You’ll have a workplace mentor to support you.
• We are clear and consistent – we have set hours of work.
• Our employee induction and manual is legendary – it includes an Easy English guide available in talking book or digital versions.
• You can tell people what you think about the services you receive via our Feedback and Complaints Register and Suggestion Box.
• We like to have fun and will connect you with lots of social and celebration events during the year.
genU Business Enterprises help kick-start careers in the following areas:
Gardening and horticulture
• We operate two commercial plant nurseries – one in Geelong and one in Colac
• We provide land care and ground maintenance for some of the region’s largest Industries.
Hospitality & Food Services:
• We operate 4 cafés and 2 industrial canteens across Geelong and Colac
• Our onsite catering services a wide variety of businesses and organisations
• Our vegetable and food processing department supplies washed, peeled and cut vegetables for numerous businesses
• We produce thousands of gourmet food products each year under the brands Seasons and The Otway Kitchen and offer gift hampers as corporate gifts.
Packaging and Warehousing
• Pick and pack
• Labelling and assembly work
Document management and shredding
• Recycling facility for paper waste
Commercial laundry including folding and ironing
• Washing and ironing for Geelong business
COME AND SEE FOR YOURSELF
Every Tuesday (except public holidays) at 11am we host a tour of our Geelong site which shows you most of the employment options.
Come and see first-hand our amazing facilities and work environment.
No need to book. Just come to our Business Enterprises reception at 77-79 Douro Street, North Geelong or contact firstname.lastname@example.org Employee Services Coordinator on 5277 2180
SEE WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT US
“I love the people here; I love working with the guys. They’re a lot of fun, and my bosses are really good.”
“It’s a close knit and productive team at the nursery and it’s great to be a part of it.”
“I sort of do a little of everything. I’m based in the café and then I serve people. I do a little bit of baking in the kitchen and I make coffees.”
genU is short for Generation YOU. Whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, older, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
Employee Services Coordinator
03 5277 2180