You belong to genU.
genU is short for Generation You. Because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making.
GenU has been 60 years in the making. Bringing together the best of two trusted and respected organisations, Karingal and St Laurence, genU builds on this experience, adding a new ambition: to become the leader in what we do.
We want everyone’s lives to be happier and healthier, especially people with disabilities, the ageing and those experiencing disadvantage.
Our mission is to enable each person we support to live the life they choose. We do this by helping our clients re-join the workforce, master everyday tasks or access community services.
Our services include:
- Disability services including individual support, accommodation and recreation activities
- NDIS coordination and assistance
- Aged services including retirement living, respite and community support
- Mental health support
- Employment in a supported environment at an Australian Disability Enterprise
- Employment services, including jobactive and Disability Employment Services (DES)
- Accredited and non-accredited training, specialising in training for the community services sector and foundation skills courses
Our national footprint includes more than 2800 staff at 200 locations across Australia.
We recognise the barriers to employment for people disadvantaged through mental illness and disability, and also the particular challenges for Indigenous and refugee communities, mature-aged people and youth.
genU operates solely for community benefit and invests back into the same communities in which services are delivered.