On Sunday 6 September 2020, the Victorian Government announced its Coronavirus (COVID-19) roadmap to reopening which you can view here.
The roadmap states Stage 3 COVID-19 restrictions for regional Victoria (including Geelong) is likely to continue until at least Sunday 27 September 2020.
Stage 3 restrictions mean you must stay home except for the following four reasons:
- For food and essential supplies
- For study or work
- For care and healthcare
- And for exercise or outdoor recreation
The Victorian Government has been very clear on the expectations from your support workers and the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) they are required to wear.
- Eye protection and face masks – eye protection and face masks are compulsory for all workers supporting clients either in their home or in the community. Please be assured that our staff are wearing masks for your wellbeing as well as their own. We encourage you to wear a face mask anytime you leave your home. If you are having difficulty sourcing a mask please all ISS on 1800 752 273 and we will endeavour to assist.
- Working across multiple regions – in an effort to minimise any risk of transmission across the Greater Geelong staff will not be able to travel across multiple suburbs to attend shifts. This may mean that some of your regular staff that fill in shifts may no longer be available to support you. We may also ask you to be flexible in your shifts times to help us get one of your preferred workers. We appreciate your understanding in regards to these changes due to COVID-19.
- Screening questions – staff will continue to ask you health screening questions before your shift starts. If you answer yes to any question the staff member will call the office for advice.
- Washing hands – having good hand washing techniques is still the most effective infection control treatment. Please do continue to wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use hand sanitiser.
- COVID-19 tests – please contact the ISS office on 1800 752 273 if you need to have a COVID-19 test, even if you don’t have any symptoms.
Please continue to be safe and take care of yourselves. If you are not well please follow the Victorian Government’s directions to get tested and self-isolate.
We are here to help in any way that we can and you can reach us on 1800 752 273.