genU recognises that Victoria’s Circuit Breaker 5 day lockdown has presented many challenges, but would like to thank you all for your flexibility and understanding during this time. In line with the Premier’s most recent announcement, Victoria’s lockdown was lifted Wednesday the 17th of February at 11.59pm, as planned.
The lockdown was lifted with the following restrictions still in place:
- Masks will remain compulsory for indoors and outdoors settings when you are unable to socially distance
- Only 5 visitors are allowed in households
- Only 20 people allowed for public gatherings
You can find more detailed information on updated restrictions here:
This means that all Participate services returned to group centre based supports on Thursday the 18th of February.
genU would like to take this opportunity to reinforce that every genU Participate site is operating under a strict COVID-19 Safe Plan including:
- Temperature checks and initial screening on arrival
- Mask wearing & social distancing
- Strict hand hygiene
- Only genU staff and participants permitted on site
If you would like to discuss this COVID Safe plan further please contact your local coordinator.
I would sincerely like to thank you all and all genU staff for such a prompt response to Victoria’s Circuit Breaker lockdown. If you have any questions or concerns please contact your local coordinator or call 1300 558 368.
Thank you all and take care.
Acting General Manager – Ability