Easy read is available on this pageTurn on easy read
The secret to a healthy life? Physical and social wellbeing! Introducing genU’s allied health.
At genU, our allied health will improve your wellbeing and ability to manage everyday tasks.
Our team are enthusiastic about supporting and empowering you to reach your goals, whatever they may be! We’ll generate a unique physical program to grow your capacity and prevent deterioration of your body’s function.
About Allied Health
Running out of the Eric Hart Centre, we organise allied health care so that you can continue to stay independent in your daily life.
We offer a whole range of different therapies to suit your needs:
- Exercise physiology
- Gym groups
- Chair yoga
- Dietitian cooking group
- Walking groups
- No falls programs
- Cardiopulmonary and respiratory rehabilitation
Located in Lara, a short distance from Geelong, maximise your individual potential and continue to live the life you chose!
How to Apply
If you’re under 65 years old and a person with a disability, you can access allied health through:
- The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) with your Improved Health and Wellbeing and/or Improved Daily Living support funding
- The Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA)
And if you’re over 65 years old:
Additional Referral Requirements
- If you are accessing this service through CHSP: simply contact My Aged Care for a referral first. Visit the My Aged Care page or call them on 1800 200 422 to get some help.
- If you are accessing this service through a Home Care Package: if you have a case manager, they can provide a referral and the programs you choose will be costed to your Home Care Package.
- If you are accessing this service through fee for service or DVA: DVA referrals need to include a doctor or hospital referral.
If you’re unsure or want to learn more, just give our friendly team a call on 1300 558 368, or fill out the form on this page, and we’ll help you sort it out!