Relieve your stress, renew your energy and restore a sense of balance to your life!
It’s no secret that being a carer can take a toll on your own wellbeing and resilience. If you’re a caregiver, we know that sometimes you need to be cared for too.
That’s why, at genU, we give much-needed support to valued carers in Geelong and surrounds.
Support for Carers
A whole range of support is all yours if you’re caring for someone who:
- Is over 65 years old with care needs
- Experiences a mental illness
- Has a chronic illness
- Has a disability
- Has dementia, including younger-onset dementia
Support can be given over the phone to help you navigate systems and get access to more formal support if you need it. Simply give us a call anytime on 1300 558 368.
Whether you need an afternoon off or a longer break, we can look after your loved ones. Take a look at our options for respite care here.
Carer Support Groups
You might be interested in meeting other carers to catch up for a cuppa, make new friends, or connect with people who are in a similar situation to you. Then as an added bonus, you can learn some tips and tricks on how to look after you whilst you look after your care recipient. It’s important! We also run periodical big events to celebrate all the great work you do.
During the current COVID-19 situation, extra support can be given in addition to any other services your loved one accesses.
This includes help with:
- unaccompanied shopping to help you get groceries, medications or other items;
- completing your online shopping, including assistance to get you set up online;
- running general daily errands;
- escorting you to attend medical or other vital appointments; and
- funding towards low-level additional equipment you might need to support you day-to-day.
During COVID-19 it’s important to stay apart to stay together. We can also help you with purchasing some technology that is easy to use, and will help you be able to engage with your loved ones and all the remote services happening out there. You could even try virtual Zumba as a great way to relieve some stress and have some fun!
Each carer’s situation is unique, so if there’s something that you think would help you in your caring role – let us know!