There’s an exciting new housing development on the horizon!
Balnarring House is a complex being built within the Balnarring Village. It will have convenient access to amenities including a major supermarket, restaurant, pharmacy and medical clinic.
We are looking for applicants who are interested in sharing with others or living in their own unit. There are three properties, a three-bedroom home and
two one-bedroom independent villa units.
About the house
- Located directly behind St Mark’s Church and a 100-metre walk to the Balnarring Shopping Centre.
- Regional bus stop within 200 meters of the house
- Staff sleepover for 24/7 care
- A shared living, dining and kitchen area
- One large and one smaller bathroom and an additional toilet.
- Each bedroom and independent villa will have its own outdoor patio/garden area.
- Fire sprinkler system to all areas.
- Access provisions for paths will comply with the Australian Design for Access & Mobility
- A number of ESD features are included such as rain water tanks.
When expressing interest, it would be appreciated if you could nominate which bedroom/unit you would prefer.
- Housing type: Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
- SDA & SIL Provider: genU
- The applicant is aged 18 years or over.
- The applicant is eligible for and is able to secure an appropriate level of recurrent funding – NDIS
- Shared Living complex, standard or low support or equivalent funding as part of their TAC or DHHS funding. If applying for the one bedroom units, the level of funding will be determined based on your level of support required.
- The applicant is eligible for and able to secure NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation funding – specifically Fully Accessible SDA.
- The applicant’s personal characteristics match those that are also going to be moving into the house.
- The fabric of the house is suitable to meet the support requirements of the applicant, or the fabric of the house can be readily modified to meet the individual’s support requirements.
- The applicant has the financial means to pay rent which is set at 25% of DSP plus 100% of Commonwealth Rental Assistance.
- The applicant has the financial means to pay for household and general living costs e.g. utilities, food, etc.
- The support model is suitable to meet the individual’s support requirements, health management and personal goals, including staff training.
- The applicant is willing to engage in activities of daily living as agreed within their individual support or independence plan.
- The applicant is willing for genU Karingal St Laurence to be their service provider and is prepared to sign a service agreement with genU Karingal St Laurence.
- The applicant is prepared to sign a Specialist Disability Accommodation Service Agreement