An Inclusive Community
A new and exciting disability housing development is now available in Mowbray, Tasmania.
Newnham Lanes is an inclusive community offering 8 specialist disability (SDA) units built by Unify, with in-home support from genU.
Situated on the grounds of a former bowling green, its generous outdoor zones include a private open space for each unit as well as a shared garden within the gated community.
Newnham Lanes is located on the edge of Mowbray and is easily accessible to supermarkets, restaurants, and other key services.
New, single-story units showcase accessible design and features including:
- A mixture of 2-bedroom, 2-bedroom plus study, and 3-bedroom units
- Private outdoor entertaining spaces
- Open plan living and dining
- Stylish accessible bathrooms with opportunity for customisation
- Generous storage including built in robes
- Electric blinds
- Private undercover parking
- Fire sprinkler system and alarms connected to the TFS.
- The site has been purposefully designed without steps or ramps for wheelchair access.
- Stylish bathrooms meet disability bathroom standards and can be customised as required.
- Height adjustable bench in kitchens
- All sinks and basins have long lever handles
- Back-up power supply in 6 units
- Provisions for ceiling hoists
- Baths in 2 units
- Electric blinds
SDA allows tenants to choose who supports them and Unify SDA Housing will be happy to work with any support providers.
Unify SDA Housing specialise in the delivery of accessible housing and have designed a development with a key focus on technology to enable and features that reduce barriers.
The development is on the grounds of an old bowling green setting the theme for the site which features private open space for each unit as well as a shared garden within the gated community.
Newnham Lanes is on the edge of Mowbray and is easily accessible to supermarkets, restaurants, and other services.
You’ll only be 5 minutes away from the Launceston CBD, with everything you need on your doorstep.
If you’d like to learn more about this exciting independent lifestyle opportunity fill out the form below!
- Must be aged 18 years and over
- The applicant is eligible for SIL and can secure an appropriate level of recurrent funding in their NDIS Plan
- The applicant is eligible for and able to secure NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) funding – accepting Improved Liveability, Fully Accessible and High Physical Support
- The applicant has the financial means to pay for household and general living costs. For example: utilities, food, etc.
- The applicant is willing for genU Karingal St Laurence to be their SDA and SIL service provider and is prepared to sign a service agreement with genU Karingal St Laurence.