Wallan House is an exciting development located in the heart of Wallan, Victoria, providing shared living vacancy.
We anticipate that the home will be ready for occupancy in early 2021 (good things to come those who wait!) To find about more about this development, simply fill out the form and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
About the Accommodation
We’re seeking expressions of interest from prospective applicants looking to live in their own unit or in shared accommodation.
The home is being designed by Specialist Disability Accommodation Australia (SDAAUS) Pty Ltd, in conjunction with Architecture & Access, and Accessible Projects to cater to the independent and shared living needs of successful applicants.
Location and Proximity to Amenities
Wallan is located 45 kilometres north of Melbourne’s Central Business District. It is a beautiful suburb, with a thriving community spirit and opportunities to live an active lifestyle.
The central location of Wallan House means immediate access to medical services, Wallan Square Shopping Centre, Hadfield Park and many other amenities.
- Housing Type – SDA – Specialist Disability accommodation – High Physical Support & Fully Accessible
- SDA Provider – Specialist Disability Accommodation Australia Pty Ltd (SDAAUS) Pty Ltd
- SIL – genU Karingal St Laurence
- Design of the developments – combination of fully self-contained units, 1 & 2 Bedrooms
- Applicants must be aged 18 years and over.
- The applicant must be eligible for SIL and is able to secure an appropriate level of recurrent funding in their NDIS Plan.
- The applicant must be eligible for and able to secure NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation funding.
- The applicant’s personal characteristics must work with that are also going to moving into the house.
- The fabric of the house must be suitable to meet the support requirements of the applicant, or the fabric of the house can be readily modified to meet the individual’s support requirements.
- The applicant must have the financial means to pay rent which is set at 25% of DSP plus 100% of Commonwealth Rental Assistance.
- The applicant must have the financial means to pay for household and general living costs, like utilities, food, etc.
- The applicant must be willing for genU Karingal St Laurence to be their SIL service provider and is prepared to sign a service agreement with genU Karingal St Laurence.
- The applicant must be prepared to sign a Specialist Disability Accommodation Service Agreement with SDA Australia.