Located just 9 km from the Geelong town centre, enjoy independent living in the heart of Waurn Ponds, Victoria.
Spend your weekends exploring all that the Surf Coast has to offer!
About the Accommodation
The home is currently being designed and developed locally to support the independent living goals of people who have a disability. It’s anticipated that the development will be ready for occupancy in mid-2021.
We’re seeking expressions of interest from prospective tenants who have approved Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA), and who are looking to live in their own unit.
For more information, send us an enquiry and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
Location and Proximity to Amenities
Waurn Ponds is located on the outskirts of Geelong and is only 20 minutes from Anglesea and Bells Beach on the Surf Coast.
The location boasts immediate access to medical services, the Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre, Deakin University, Waurn Ponds Train Station and many other amenities.
This home is suitable for tenants who would like genU to deliver their Supported Independent Living (SIL) supports, which will be shared with other tenants.
A 24/7 support model is planned for this site.
- Applicants must be aged 18 years and over.
- The applicant must be eligible for SIL and is able to secure an appropriate level of recurrent funding in their NDIS Plan.
- The applicant must be eligible for and able to secure NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation funding.
- The applicant’s personal characteristics must match those that are also going to be moving into the house.
- The fabric of the house must be suitable to meet the support requirements of the applicant, or the fabric of the house can be readily modified to meet the individual’s support requirements.
- The applicant must be willing for genU Karingal St Laurence to be their SIL service provider and is prepared to sign a service agreement with genU Karingal St Laurence.