Easy read is available on this pageTurn on easy read
Are you looking for a real job? Do you want to build up your self-esteem and earn your own income? Look no further than the opportunities available at genU Business Enterprises!
Everyone has different capacities and different capabilities – and at genU, we think that should be celebrated. Each unique quality allows you to bring something new to a team.
Those are the simple, yet important, values that underpin our approach to employing people with disability who require a little extra support.
A Real Job, Suited to YOU
Supported employment will give you a real job. What does that mean? Well, you’ll deliver services and products to customers. You’ll have set hours and days of employment. And you’ll be paid a wage like every other member of our workforce.
At genU Business Enterprises, you can explore job opportunities in a variety of areas, including:
- Landscaping and horticulture
- Packaging and warehousing
- Document shredding and management
- Commercial laundry
Why Work With Us?
1. Variety of work options
Whether you’re in the Geelong or Colac region, there’s a range of jobs to choose from. From indoor or outdoor, behind the scenes or face to face with customers.
2. Skills development and training
We provide job-specific training and access to further skill development if required to help bring your Individual Employment Plan to life.
3. Amazing facilities
Our modern, multi-million dollar facilities are state of the art, bustling and busy environments. Whether you’re employed at one of our cafés, plant nurseries, packing warehouses or catering kitchen, you will love our bright and cheery work environment.
4. Our people are truly wonderful
genU’s supervisors and managers aren’t your average bosses. They stand out for the way they understand and respect individual needs and will support you to achieve your goals. They’re known for their great attitudes, caring nature and for instilling a sense of pride into work.
We also like to have fun and will connect you with lots of social and celebration events during the year.
- You must be over the age of 18
- You must have an NDIS plan with CB employment funding
- You should be aware this is a real workplace, not a program. This means you’ll be employed in a real work environment with expectations including health and safety standards, set hours and other requirements like wearing a uniform and respecting workmates. Don’t worry, we’ll help you through this.
- You’ll be required to undertake a 6-month probation/trial period with us before ongoing employment is offered.
See What Others Are Saying
“I love the people here; I love working with the guys. They’re a lot of fun, and my bosses are really good.”
“It’s a close knit and productive team at the nursery and it’s great to be a part of it.”
“I sort of do a little of everything. I’m based in the café and then I serve people. I do a little bit of baking in the kitchen and I make coffees.”