Develop your skills for greater independence
Our Independent Lives team can support you to increase your skills and confidence in different areas of your life.
We’ll get to know you to identify what you would like to focus on to become more independent.
We will assist you to develop an individualised plan then our mentors will assist you to work towards achieving your goals.
Build your independence across a range of areas so that you can enjoy and get the most out of your life.
Support to become more independent at home
- Cooking and menu planning for healthy eating
- Managing your health and medical needs, including GPs and other health practitioners
- Budgeting and managing money
- Finding and maintaining accommodation that is right for you.
Support to be confident and connected in your community
- Increase your independence travelling around your community
- Build your social network
- Take part in the sport, entertainment, hobbies and community groups that interest you
- Build friendships and relationships
- Support to finding and taking part in employment or study opportunities.
About eligibility and NDIS funding
genU’s Independent Lives supports are available for eligible NDIS participants under Capacity Building funding.
Please get in touch with us to discuss your situation and options.
- Western Melbourne
- Northeast Melbourne
We love to hear from you, so get in touch by filling out the form. A genU customer service representative will get back to you within two business days.