Shared Living Vacancy
Balnarring House is a new housing development within the Balnarring Village. We are looking for applicants who are interested in sharing with others or living in their own unit. There are three properties, a three-bedroom home and two, one-bedroom independent villa units. When expressing interest, it would be appreciated if you could nominate which bedroom/ unit you would prefer.
- The property comprises of:
– A three-bedroom home, with a staff sleepover for 24/7 care, with a shared living, dining and kitchen area, one large and a smaller bathroom and an additional toilet. Each bedroom will have its own outdoor patio/garden area.
– Two, one-bedroom independent villa units, also with private outdoor living space.
- The site is located directly behind ST Marks church and within a mere 100-metre walk to the Balnarring Shopping Centre on, ensuring convenient access to primary commercial services including a major supermarket, restaurant, pharmacy and medical clinic.
- The regional bus stop is within 200 meters of the house
- The development will provide supported accommodation for a total of five people with intellectual disabilities, and be designed in line with standard criteria for Government funded Supported Accommodation Facilities & LHA Standards.
- Fire sprinkler system to all areas.
- Access provisions for paths will comply with the Australian Design for Access & Mobility CodeAS 1428, and the Adaptable Housing Code, AS 4299.
- The orientation of the dwellings is for the long axis to run east- west, maximizing the northerly aspect to each unit and privately contained garden space.
- A number of ESD features are included such as rain water tanks.
- In partnership of Frankston Peninsula carers.
Enquiries and expressions of interest and applications to:
Factors to consider if you are interested in applying:
The applicant is aged 18 years or over.
The applicant is eligible for and is able to secure an appropriate level of recurrent funding – NDIS Shared Living complex, standard or low support or equivalent funding as part of their TAC or DHHS funding. If applying for the one bedroom units, the level of funding will be determined based on your level of support required.
The applicant is eligible for and able to secure NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation funding – specifically Fully Accessible SDA.
The applicant’s personal characteristics match those that are also going to be moving into the house.
The fabric of the house is suitable to meet the support requirements of the applicant, or the fabric of the house can be readily modified to meet the individual’s support requirements.
The applicant has the financial means to pay rent which is set at 25% of DSP plus 100% of Commonwealth Rental Assistance.
The applicant has the financial means to pay for household and general living costs e.g. utilities, food, etc.
The support model is suitable to meet the individual’s support requirements, health management and personal goals, including staff training.
The applicant is willing to engage in activities of daily living as agreed within their individual support or independence plan.
The applicant is willing for genU Karingal St Laurence to be their service provider and is prepared to sign a service agreement with genU Karingal St Laurence.
The applicant is prepared to sign a Specialist Disability Accommodation Service Agreement