Shared Living Vacancy
We are looking for a young person with similar interests to share our house. There are five of us living at Candlebark House.
We enjoy the company of family and friends and participate in social activities in the local area. For the most part, we are fairly independent getting out and about on our own. We either work, volunteer, study or attend other support options throughout the day.
Where is the house?
- Candlebark Crescent, Frankston North.
- Close to local shops, public transport and community facilities.
- Aged 18 – 28 years.
- Some tenants have a history of behaviours of concern, but they are well supported with this.
About the vacancy
- Private bedroom with small sitting room, private courtyard and shared bathroom within the five bed house.
About this house
- Five bed house with attached one bed villa.
- The residents are very involved in the running of house and day to day decisions.
- 2 staff at peak times and sleep-over support model
Support & Resident information
- Housing Type – SDA – Specialist Disability accommodation
- SDA Provider – Community Housing Ltd.
- SIL – genU Karingal St Laurence
- Age of occupants – 18 – 28 years
- Gender – Both female and male residents
Enquiries and applications to:
Factors to consider if you are interested in applying:
Preferably aged 18 – 28 years.
The applicant is eligible for and is able to secure an appropriate level of recurrent funding – NDIS Shared Living complex, standard or low support or equivalent funding as part of their TAC or DHHS funding.
The applicant is eligible for and able to secure NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation funding – specifically improved liveability SDA.
The applicant’s personal characteristics match those that are also going to be moving into the house.
The fabric of the house is suitable to meet the support requirements of the applicant, or the fabric of the house can be readily modified to meet the individual’s support requirements.
The applicant has the financial means to pay rent which is set at 25% of DSP plus 100% of Commonwealth Rental Assistance. Pay for household and general living costs e.g. utilities, food, etc.
The applicant is willing for genU Karingal St Laurence to be their SIL service provider and is prepared to sign a service agreement with genU Karingal St Laurence.
The applicant is prepared to sign a Specialist Disability Accommodation Service Agreement with CHVL-Community housing Victoria limited