Mount Duneed Shared Living Vacancy
This brand new home in Mount Duneed was specially designed as a display home to showcase accessibility options for people who have a disability. genU has been using this home to host people and businesses over the past two years in the Villawood Display Village.
genU is now seeking expressions of interest from people who would like to share this home with others.
- This home in Mount Duneed is brand new and is located within a growing community area.
- Close to public transport and a new shopping complex is being developed within a short distance from the front door.
- Access to the new community hub including café, gym and pool just down the road.
- Features of the house include: an electronically adjustable kitchen, electrically operated blinds and windows, separate bathroom in each bedroom and many other state-of-the-art design elements.
- This home will provide supported accommodation for up to three people and has been designed in line with criteria for Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA).
- This home offers a shared open plan kitchen, dining and living area and will offer a staffing team who will provide “sleepover or active” style support.
- Fire sprinkler system to all areas.
- View the home: https://youtu.be/WCqsxqo0qtE
- Virtual Tour: https://roundme.com/tour/439547/view/1506262
Enquiries and expressions of interest and applications to:
Factors to consider if you are interested in applying:
The applicant is aged 18 years or over.
The applicant is eligible for and is able to secure an appropriate level of recurrent funding – NDIS Shared Independent Living (SIL).
The applicant is eligible for and able to secure NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation funding – specifically High Physical and/or fully accessible SDA.
The applicant’s personal characteristics match those that are also going to be moving into the house.
The fabric of the home is suitable to meet the support requirements of the applicant, or the fabric of the home can be readily modified to meet the individual’s support requirements.
The applicant has the financial means to pay rent which is set at 25% of base Disability Support Pension and 100% of Commonwealth Rental Assistance.
The applicant has the financial means to pay for household and general living costs e.g. utilities, food, etc.
The support model is suitable to meet the individual’s support requirements, health management and personal goals, including staff training.
The applicant is willing to engage in activities of daily living as agreed within their individual support or independence plan.
The applicant is willing for genU Karingal St Laurence to be their service provider and is prepared to sign a service agreement with genU Karingal St Laurence.
The applicant is prepared to sign a Specialist Disability Accommodation Service Agreement.