Shared Living Vacancy
Situated in a quiet court the Portland Lighthouse property is a comfortable new home in a great location. We are looking for applicants who are interested in sharing with four others. There are two dwellings, a four -bedroom home and a one-bedroom independent villa unit under the same roof (this vacancy is in the four-bedroom house).
- The Portland Lighthouse home is less than 2 years old is located in a quiet Court and within walking distance to the town center.
- The home will provide supported accommodation for a total of five people with disabilities, and be designed in line with standard criteria for Government funded Supported Accommodation Facilities & LHA Standards
- The property comprises:
- The four -bedroom home, with a staff sleepover for 24/7 care, with a shared living, dining and kitchen area.
- Each spacious bedroom has its own ensuite.
- Peaceful landscaped garden including patio two undercover entertaining area and veggie gardens
- Fire sprinkler system to all areas.
Enquiries and expressions of interest and applications to:
Factors to consider before applying:
The applicant is aged 18 years or over.
The applicant is eligible for and is able to secure an appropriate level of recurrent funding – NDIS Shared Living complex, standard or low support or equivalent funding as part of their TAC or DHHS funding. If applying for the one bedroom units, the level of funding will be determined based on your level of support required.
The applicant is eligible for and able to secure NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation funding – specifically Fully Accessible SDA. The applicant’s personal characteristics match those that are also going to be moving into the house.
The fabric of the house is suitable to meet the support requirements of the applicant, or the fabric of the house can be readily modified to meet the individual’s support requirements.
The applicant has the financial means to pay rent which is set at 25% of DSP plus 100% of Commonwealth Rental Assistance.
The applicant has the financial means to pay for household and general living costs e.g. utilities, food, etc.
The support model is suitable to meet the individual’s support requirements, health management and personal goals, including staff training.
The applicant is willing to engage in activities of daily living as agreed within their individual support or independence plan.
The applicant is willing for genU Karingal St Laurence to be their service provider and is prepared to sign a service agreement with genU Karingal St Laurence.
The applicant is prepared to sign a Specialist Disability Accommodation Service Agreement