Shared Living Vacancies
Empowered Liveability, in partnership with genU, is looking for applicants who are interested in sharing their home with two other people.
Where is the housing?
- Wyndham Vale – currently one male and one female resident – age range 19 to 35 years old.
- Tarneit – currently one male resident – age 31 years old.
Located in new estates, close to services, shopping centres and public transport.
Design of the houses:
- Open plan living with three bedrooms, covered outdoor area and overnight staff accommodation.
- Features include fully accessible bathrooms, powder rooms, laundry, step free throughout, easy access parking and provision for hoist installation.
- Housing Type – New Build – Specialist Disability Accommodation
- SDA Design Category – High Physical Support
- SDA Building Type – 3 bed house
- Disability Support – Yes
- Support Provider – genU Karingal St Laurence
- Support Details – The staffing model will be developed based on the needs of the people moving into houses
- Specialist Disability Accommodation Provider – Empowered Liveability
- Number of bedrooms – 3 plus staff accommodation
- Number of bathrooms – 2 plus fully accessible powder room
- Gender – Open to all genders
Things you need to know:
- You must be 18 years or over.
- You need be eligible NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation and Supported Independent Living funding.
- You need to be able to pay rent, household costs and utilities.
- You will need to furnish your own bedroom and contribute towards the cost of whitegoods and shared furniture.
- You or your representative will need to sign an agreement for your housing with Empowered Liveability and for your support with genU.
- Compatibility is the primary factor when selecting applicants
Other priority factors are:
- The applicant’s present living situation restricts the applicant’s independence or is at imminent risk of breakdown.
- The applicant’s family/carer is ageing or has significant health concerns and is no longer able to offer the level of informal support that the person requires in their living situation.
- The applicant is homeless, including those people who are living in temporary or interim accommodation.
How can I get information about these vacancies?