Shop 4U is a new service offered by genU to support you through the COVID-19 pandemic.
With this program, a genU support worker will support you to make choices and organise your order over the phone and assist you to purchase a click-and-collect or home delivery order. If you’ve purchased via click-and-collect, your worker will pick up your shopping and drop this at your house.
What you need to do:
- Call 1800 752 273 the day prior to book in a shop appointment.
- Have your shopping list ready with your click and collect code.
- Tell your support worker which supermarket you’d like to purchase from.
- Allow your support worker to assist you to set up your account.
What your genU Support Worker will do:
- Support you to place an online shopping order.
- Go to the store(s) to collect your shopping.
- Deliver this to your home
- Show you identification when they arrive.
Home delivery option:
If you’d like to purchase fresh fruit, vegetables, pantry staples and frozen meals for home delivery, Seasons Cafes and Catering is now o‑ering this as an option to the Geelong, Colac, Bellarine and Werribee regions.
As a genU-operated initiative, your purchase helps provide meaningful employment to people living with a disability.
Go to seasonscafe.com.au to view the full range.
What will Shop 4U cost you?
- A daily living hourly rate from core funds claimed via your NDIS plan for people who have a disability, or;
- A claim made on your behalf from Commonwealth Home Support for people who are over 65, or;
- A claim made on your behalf if you are a carer of a person, or;
- A claim made on your behalf from DHHS if you are under 65 and not receiving NDIS funding.
genU will cover the support worker travel costs for this service.
Managing your money
genU has strict guidelines for employees and rules around purchasing on behalf of others. This click-and-collect method relies on you having a debit or credit card to pay the account at the time of order.
In the event you do not have a credit/debit card to make online orders, please discuss this with us at the time of order.
Our workers always carry genU identification.