What is Support Coordination?
Support Coordination helps you to connect to mainstream, community, informal and funded supports which enable you to achieve your goals and strengthen your support networks.
genU has been working with the NDIS since the trail began in 2013. We bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to ensure you can exercise choice and control your NDIS experience.
Support Coordinators are funded by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to help you implement your approved NDIS funding and help you to achieve your goals.
What can you expect from your genU Support Coordinator?
- Communication and Connection –Meet with you within 10 days to help you break down and understand your NDIS Funded Supports, and how your funding can be utilised to help you achieve your goals.
- Implementation – Gain access and training to understand your NDIS Portal. Impartial advice and support provided to locate and choose the relevant service providers who can deliver the supports that you want.
- Receive on-going Assistance – Information and guidance to engage your chosen NDIS mainstream and community services. Crisis resolution and complex coordination will be delivered as required.
- Meet your NDIS Goals – Ongoing support to build your capacity and resilience to achieve your NDIS Goals within your expectations and NDIS Budget.
- The Future – Support you to prepare and plan for your future NDIS Plan Reviews to ensure that your NDIS Plan continues to meet your goals, support needs and aspirations.
Three tiered levels of NDIS Support Coordination
Support Connection is a short-term funded support that can help provide assistance to identify and connect you with a range of service providers. Support Connection will provide impartial options to help enable you to have more choice and control over selecting your service providers, arranging service agreements and will aim to provide you with capacity building support to strengthen your capacity to coordinate your NDIS funded supports.
Support Coordination is a longer term funded support that can help provide ongoing assistance to manage multiple complex supports from all service providers. Support Coordination will have the ability to respond to points of crisis and developing your resilience. Regular monitoring and contact with all stakeholders throughout and provide outcomes based reporting to the NDIA.
Specialist Support Coordination is a time limited level of support that is provided within a specialist framework taking into account the specified high level of risks to the participant. Specialist Support Coordination will work to address any current barriers and reduce any complexities with the supported environment, while continuing to assist to connect to all support providers and build capacity.