The Support for Carers Program is a unique program that provides exactly what it says – support for our valued carers in Geelong and surrounds.
You are eligible if you are caring for someone who:
- Is older (65+) with care needs
- Experiences a mental illness
- Has a chronic illness
- Has a disability
- Has dementia (including younger-onset dementia).
Carer supports can be provided in addition to any other services your loved one accesses by providing:
- Unaccompanied shopping to help you get groceries, medications or other items
- Help to complete your online shopping, including assistance to get you set up
- Running general daily errands for you
- Regular phone check ins to see how you are going and provide over the phone support
- Escorting you to attend medical or other vital appointments, to save you needing to catch public transport
- In home respite – short breaks – to stay with your loved one while you go out and do what you need to (or just have a break)
- Funding towards low level additional equipment you might need
- Over the phone support to help you navigate systems to get access to any applicable more formal supports that may be available to you.
- Each Carer’s situation is unique, so if there is something that you think would help you in your caring role – please contact us.