When you’re ready for the NDIS, genU’s ready for you.
One the best things about the NDIS is that you get to choose the provider you believe will best work with and for you. At genU, we get this. To competition, we say, “Bring it on”.
Contact us about the NDIS
Go ahead, ask us a curly question. Our team’s “can do” approach means we’ll get busy responding. Even if it means doing some creative problem solving in the background.
The NDIS is the National Disability Insurance Scheme. It’s managed by the NDIA (the National Disability Insurance Agency).
The Scheme provides support for people with a disability. It’s funded by all Australian taxpayers and helps people with a disability pay for important things – so they can reach their full potential and live the life they choose.
The NDIS will help you to:
- Access mainstream services
- Participate in the community
- Support your family and others who support you
- Provide you with funding for the disability supports that you require
The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) is an independent Federal Government agency with the responsibility for managing and implementing the NDIS.
The NDIA is responsible for NDIS funding and planning to ensure participants continue to receive the support they require.
The NDIA also works with Local Area Coordinators (LAC) to help participants understand the services available in their area and support them in the transition to the new scheme.
There are key criteria that you must meet to be eligible for funding under the NDIS.
You must have a permanent and significant disability that:
- Reduces your ability to participate effectively in activities or perform tasks or actions, unless you have support
- Affects your capacity for social and economic participation
- Means you are likely to require support under the NDIS for a lifetime
You must also be:
- An Australian citizen aged under 65
- And the holder of a permanent visa
- Or hold a Protected Special Category Visa
We started working on the NDIS back when it was just an idea.
In fact, we were one of the first to trial the NDIS and today we’re the largest provider. With years of experience shaping and implementing it, we’re your one-stop shop for all things NDIS.
Our support coordinators work with you to bring your NDIS plan to life.
genU support coordinators will:
- Connect you with informal, mainstream and funded supports
- Help you maintain support relationships, resolve service delivery issues and participate independently in NDIA processes
- Assist you to resolve points of crisis and increase resilience within your network
- Provide time-limited specialised coordination to reduce complexity in the support environment
We understand the NDIS.
As one of Australia’s most experienced disability service providers we’re ready to support you on your terms.
- We’ve been a registered NDIS provider since 2013
- Support is delivered 24/7
- We offer specialised complex care services that are tailored for you