Are you in your last years of school, or have you just left?
genU Youth Employment (also known as School Leavers Employment Supports (SLES)) can help you to get ready and transition to employment.
We support you to build the skills and confidence to reach your employment goals. This support is available in your final year of school and for up to two years while you get ready for work and plan your pathway to employment.
Be inspired to uncover new career possibilities and opportunities!
What kind of Employment Supports can I receive?
We’ll match you with a genU Employment Mentor with expertise in customised employment and social inclusion. They will tailor individualised, innovative and creative supports to assist you to develop your capacity and skills as you work towards reaching your career goals.
Build your skills and confidence and get job ready with supports that can include:
- A comprehensive discovery process to get to know you and help you set goals
- Job skills analysis, employment assessment and counselling to guide your decisions
- Employment preparation and confidence building
- Work experience in open employment
- On the job training and mentoring
- Help to write your resume and with applying for jobs
- Travel training
- Assistance to find employment
- Support for you and your employer once you have your job.
You can receive one-on-one supports, be part of small groups, or a mixture of both.
Connecting you to new employment opportunities
Through our professional networks we can connect you with workplaces and employment that are right for you.
- Job options in open employment
We can assist you to identify different roles and employers that suit your skills and career goals. This can include accessing traineeship or apprenticeships and supports to access a Disability Employment Service (DES)
- Job carving, job modifications and customised employment opportunities
This is where we get to know your skills, abilities and interests to carve out or modify tasks to create a role suited to you.
- Supported employment
Through Supported Employment in our genU social enterprises, we offer additional workplace assistance and flexibility for people with disability. We have a range of roles across several industries so that you can try different jobs as you explore what suits you.
Eligibility and NDIS funding
Youth Employment may be available to young people with a current National Disability Insurance (NDIS) plan and meet the following criteria:
- Are aged 15 – 26 years old
- Have a current NDIS plan
- Have left or about to leave school
- Have a goal of employment, further education or volunteering in their plan.
Everyone’s situation is different, and we personalise our service to best meet your needs and employment goals. We currently offer Youth Employment Services in the following locations:
- Western Melbourne
- Melton and Bacchus Marsh
- South East Melbourne
- Bayside Peninsula
- North East Melbourne
- Metropolitan Adelaide
If you would like more information about what supports, you think are right for you call our customer service team or fill out the enquiry form below.