This information relates to the unfolding flood event across large parts of Victoria.
genU has emergency management plans in place to keep our clients and staff safe and to manage any emergency situations that may arise. These plans consider and work through the possibility of being displaced or cut off from services/family if you are affected by flood waters.
If you require emergency assistance due to being affected by flood waters:
Call Triple Zero (000) in life threatening emergencies.
Call 132 500 for emergency assistance from VICSES.
The Bureau of Meteorology is predicting that parts of NSW and VIC will be affected by similar weather events over the coming weeks. You will find some important information and useful websites to keep yourself informed of any emergency warning.
Please remember: floodwater is dangerous. Stay safe by never entering floodwater.
- Call 132 500 for emergency assistance from VICSES.
- Call Triple Zero (000) in life threatening emergencies.
- If you evacuate from your home or workplace:
- Remember to take your pets, mobile phone, spare clothes, mask and medications.
- Turn off gas and electricity at your home or workplace.
- Travel to the home of family or friends who are in a safe location, away from flooding.
- Check for road closures when you leave and follow instructions from emergency services.
- If you are travelling:
- Stay safe by never driving through floodwater. It can take just 15cm of flowing water to float a car – that’s the height of an average pen.
- Find alternative travel routes if roads or underpasses are flooded.
- Be aware of driving hazard such as mud, debris, damaged roads, and fallen or damaged trees.
- If driving conditions are dangerous, safely pull over on higher ground away from trees, drains, low-lying areas and floodwater.
- Tune in to emergency broadcasters such as ABC local radio or designated commercial radio stations to monitor the situation. Floodwater is a powerful force and there are many unseen dangers. You can’t see what lies under the water. Roads can be washed away, bridges can be damaged and floodwater may contain sewage and debris. Never drive on flooded roads.
genU has a 24/7 After Hours Support for Individual Support Services Clients. If you have questions or concerns, please call 1300 142 083.
For further information please see the resources below: