The NDIS is an insurance scheme, jointly funded by the Australian and State Governments, designed to ensure that you have the support you need to live your best life.
The NDIS helps us to ensure you are at the centre of your decision-making. It means that you have more choice and control over how, when and where supports are provided.
We are a registered provider of services under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), which means we can support you to develop an individually tailored program to help you achieve your goals.
With your NDIS funding you have a whole range of support options to choose from. We use person-centred principles to make sure you can live your best possible life.
“We support the National Disability Insurance Scheme’s vision of an inclusive Australian society that enables people with disability to fulfill their potential as equal citizens.”
Through your NDIS plan, we can support you with Supported Independent Living (SIL) or Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA). This can be support in your private home or rental, or support in homes we manage. These include:
- Independent living units
- Shared houses
- Oakdale Lodge
- Newnham Lanes (SDA opening August 2023)
Through your NDIS plan, we can assist you with Day Programs including:
- The Zone – Day support programs for young adults – in-centre support and outings in the community. 9am – 3pm, or part days as needed
- The Cottage – Day support programs for mature adults – in centre support and outings in the community. 9am – 3pm, or part days as needed
- The Lodge day options program for residents
- One-on-one support
Through your NDIS plan, we can assist you with Daily Living and Community Access. This includes:
- Daily Living – Support with in-home assistance and activities, personal care, preparing meals, housekeeping
- Community Access- Support to go out for a coffee, attend an event, do an activity or take a day trip
- Transport – As needed, in your own vehicle or a staff vehicle to and from support sessions or during sessions
- Specialised support models in positive behaviour, dementia, acquired brain injury and end-of-life care
Through your NDIS plan, we can assist you with Capacity Building as needed. This includes support to develop life skills and increase your independence. This can include:
- Learning to use public transport
- Setting up a bank account
- Shopping for groceries
Contact us to find out more
Want to learn more about genU services and support in Tasmania?